Art Director (Girls) – Full time
Thursday, 23 January 2014
We are now seeking a highly skilled and versatile Art Director
to help ensure that the Creative Design Studio produces design and
packaging that is innovative and leads to production of profitable
Work closely with all members of the Creative team
(Illustrators, Graphic Designers, Product Designers) to ensure that
the Creative Design Studio produces design and packaging that is
innovative and leads to the production of profitable
Your key responsibilities include:
- Work in conjunction with the Studio Manager to ensure Creative
Department deadlines are met and that quality is maintained.
- Being able to conceptualise a commercial brand and strategy,
and see it through from concept to completion.
- To ensure the Moose direction and style is reflected in both
new artwork and redevelopment of existing designs.
- Clearly communicate Briefs to Creative team members.
- Present creative concepts and designs for approval.
- Generate new and innovative ideas for packaging.
- Conduct design presentations as required.
- Basic copywriting for brand development and generation of
tag-lines, call-outs and brand names for creative approval.
- Convey ideas via Mood Boards or similar.
- Direct photo shoots as required.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department and Product Managers to
ensure the Creative Department direction is in line with company
- Provide advice to the Studio Manager to assist with the
performance management of the Creative team as per their KPIs.
- Provide ongoing feedback and support to team members.
- Coach, train and develop staff as required.
- Seek approval from Senior Management to hire freelance
illustrators and graphic designers when necessary.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong Art Direction skills
- High-level conceptual thinker
- Ability to think strategically and commercially
- An understanding of working within a large Creative Studio and
across multiple creative disciplines
- Able to take brief and conceptualise it across a range of
- Capable of understanding target market demographics, analytics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ability to sketch concepts etc
- Copywriting skills
- New media knowledge
- Good planning and administrative skills
- Methodical and attentive to detail
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritise
- Have an interest in social and cultural trends and fashions for
- Able to work across multiple products in a fast paced, dynamic
This role is based in Melbourne. Applicants must be an
Australian Citizen or hold a valid working Visa.
This is a great opportunity for a high-calibre Art Director with
solid experience within the Toy Industry or working with children's
products, and who is looking to work with a dynamic and exciting
business that is expanding globally with great success.
If this sounds like you, send your Application letter and CV to