Tuesday, 15 October 2013
Moose Toys USA is now seeking a General Manager to head up its
newly established US operations based in Los Angeles. This
dynamic and challenging role is responsible for driving the sales
and marketing functions and day-to-day operations of the DTR
business to achieve strategic business objectives and revenue
To be successful, you will be able to demonstrate that you
- Develop and execute the annual and longer term strategic goals
and objectives for sales and marketing, and regularly monitor and
report on progress as required by Senior Management.
- Establish plans, budgets and results measurements to achieve
set revenue targets and grow new business.
- Ensure full statutory, regulatory and policy compliance in all
areas of responsibility.
- Oversee and manage budgets and cost control.
- Oversee all day-to-day supply chain operations, including
Warehouse and logistics/distribution.
- Identify, understand and manage business risks to reduce
disruption and maintain business continuity.
- Ensure the relevant infrastructure, systems, policies and
procedures are in place to support objectives.
- Build and maintain a cohesive and cooperative work environment
that is representative of the company vision, values, culture and
- Increase people effectiveness by recruiting, selecting,
training, coaching and motivating employees to meet set objectives,
through the assignment of clear accountabilities, planning,
monitoring and appraising of job results and performance.
- Build the company image by cultivating relationships and
collaborating with key customers, partners, and employees, as well
as by enforcing ethical and professional business practices.
- Identify opportunities and present recommendations to key
- Maintain and share professional and technical knowledge through
the establishment and maintenance of professional networks,
benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in
professional societies and workshops.
Key skill requirements:
- Well-developed conceptual, strategic and analytical
- An ability to initiate, implement and manage change.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and manage multi-disciplinary
staff through high level people management and leadership
- Proven high level interpersonal and communication skills, and
ability to manage information flow upwards and downwards.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving capabilities, as well as
an ability to make decisions at a strategic level in line with
company goals and objectives.
- Able to demonstrate sound financial acumen, including solid
budgetary and cost control skills.
- A broad knowledge of compliance requirements and associated
risks (and how to address them) across disciplines.
- A demonstrated ability to assimilate into a fast-paced,
- A minimum of 8 years' experience and a degree in business,
commerce, accounting or other relevant field is required.
- You will have direct experience with dealing with major US
Retailers, and associated Buyers and Senior Executives.
- Experience or knowledge of the toy industry and consumer
marketing would be highly regarded.
- US Citizenship or a valid Working Visa.
If you're ready for a new challenge, send your applications to